Professional teeth whitening is the most popular dental procedure among Americans. But are you the ideal candidate for it?
At Distinctive Dentistry, professional teeth whitening treatment involve bleaching teeth in-office or providing whitening trays to clients to bleach their teeth at home. However, this treatment may not be the best for everyone.
Professional Teeth Whitening: Who Is It For?
Luckily, a large majority of people may be good candidates for teeth whitening if:
- They have adult teeth.
- They have good oral health.
- They do not have gum disease or a receded gum line.
- They do not have severely worn down enamel.
- They are not sensitive to the bleaching agents used in the whitening procedure.
- You have yellow extrinsic surface stains.
On the other hand, teeth whitening treatment may not work well on teeth that have intrinsic brown or grey stains. In addition, teeth whitening may not be right for people who have dental restorations done on their front teeth. That’s because porcelain or resin restorations cannot be whitened like the rest of your teeth and if you insist on getting a whitening treatment, they will not match your natural teeth.
However, you do not need to be disappointed. There are various other ways you can make your smile white and bright. At Distinctive Dentistry, our dentists can find out which dental option can hide the discoloration on your teeth.
Alternative Options For Professional Teeth Whitening
If a teeth whitening procedure is not effective for you, we can recommend:
- Dental bonding which can cover up the stains on your teeth.
- Porcelain veneers that can hide the discoloration and is very resistant to stains.
- Brushing and flossing your teeth diligently every day so that your teeth remain white and shiny.
If you are interested in a professional tooth whitening procedure, call us today and we can determine whether you are a good candidate for tooth whitening or an alternative method would be better for improving your smile.