Do you have missing or severely damaged teeth? If you or someone you love has teeth that are too unhealthy to save, we have a recommendation for you: dental implants.
Dentists and patients prefer dental implants because they feel and act like natural teeth. Dental implants:
- Provide security: Implants are replacement tooth roots that lock the dental restoration into place. Patients who wear traditional dentures may have to worry about their smile shifting while they speak or eat. Dental implants will give patients strong, immovable teeth that are closer to real teeth.
- Prevent bone loss: Bridges and dentures may replace missing teeth, but they don’t save the jawbone. Dental implants stimulate the jawbone and prevent the deterioration that usually occurs with tooth loss. Dental implants prevent a sunken appearance and a weakened bite.
- Last a lifetime: There’s no longer-lasting solution than dental implants. With proper at-home care, your dental implants can last a lifetime.
How do Dental Implants Work?
- The surgery to place dental implants is a simple, routine procedure, carried out with local anesthesia and optional sedation in most cases. If teeth must be removed, that will be done first, and implants can usually be placed the same day.
- After dental implant placement, the jaw will heal for a few months. During this time, the jaw and the dental implants fuse together.
- You will return to Distinctive Dentistry for your restoration placement. We will install your dental crowns, bridge, or denture, and you will leave with a beautiful, dependable smile.
While the dental implants process may seem like a bit of a commitment, the results are well worth it! Dr. Streit and his team make the dental implants process pleasant and comfortable. We are confident that you will love the way your new smile looks and feels.
To schedule a consultation and find out if dental implants are right for you, call Distinctive Dentistry today.